posted 11 May 2021
We can’t wait to be together to enjoy theatre, cinema and workshops once again. We are here to make your experience as COVID safe and comfortable as possible.
- Firstly, all of our online bookings will be available as e-tickets to avoid unnecessary handling of tickets where possible. This will reduce the need for queuing at our box office and reduce contact time with our front of house team.
- We have hand sanitiser stations available upon entry and throughout the building for you to use regularly.
- We are cleaning the venue before every event. We have extra staff on duty to regularly disinfect the building and touch points.
- We are fogging our theatre monthly with a disinfectant proven to kill COVID-19 and protects it from re-infection for 30 days after, even when the surface is re-touched.
- Our helpful staff will be at the door to welcome you and point you in the right direction to help minimise your contact with others. At this point you have the option to scan our barcode, or we can take a name and phone number for test and trace.
- Our staff are voluntarily taking lateral flow tests to keep you, and each other, safe.
- Keep your belongings on you and to a minimum where possible - no hangers will be available for coats to avoid transmission.
- Our one-way system is accessible and with wall and floor signage through-out the building.
- Staff will continue to wear masks in an effort to keep you and each other safe. We ask that you consider doing the same. Our friendly team will wear masks and visors so they can safely lower their masks to communicate with our D/deaf audiences, or anyone who may rely on lipreading or facial expressions to communicate.
- Our seating is adapted to each audience to make best use of the space possible and ensuring a good distance between bubbles. Audience members with access needs just need to make the box office aware when booking a ticket so we can seat you comfortably and safely.
- From September we aim to re-open with full capacity if Government guidelines allow. If you wish to choose seating that is slightly distanced, the balconies are separate from the rest of the auditorium and would be a good place to book.
Thank you for playing your part, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Guildhall Arts Centre Team